At Castleton Farm Shop & Café we proudly sell and serve local produce from local and Scottish businesses. Here are just some of them:
- Bel’s Butchers form Edzell, multi-Award-Winning specialist butchers, selling the best Scottish beef, lamb and pork supplying us with meat for the café and shop.
- Odmoston Eggs from Laurencekirk: Castleton’s closest supplier- only three miles away, supplying us with eggs for the shop and the café.
- Stephens Fish Merchants form Gourdon: they source the fish from Peterhead and smoke on site in traditional, non-electric kilns. We serve their fish in our café.
- Ingram’s pork from Ellon: a small family Farm specialising in the production of the finest quality Pork, which we serve in our café and you can also buy their pork and sausages in our shop.
- Springwood Wagyu from Udny: their cattle are bred in Aberdeenshire and fed on a specially formulated maize-based ration to promote the fantastic marbling that this breed is famed for. Their burgers are available in our shop and you can also find them on our café menu.
- Devenick Dairy from Banchory Devenick: delicious cheese created at the Groat family dairy farm. Their cheese can always be found in our shop.
- Keptie Bakery from Letham: an award-winning bakery in Angus established over 40 years ago. You can buy their bread in our shop and it’s also served in our café.
- Turriff’s of Montrose: established over 40 years ago they supply produce from local farmers across Scotland and that’s what’s available in our store and used for preparing meals in our café.
- Macleod & Macleod from Stornoway supply their award-winning original Stornoway black pudding, which is served in our café.
- Graham’s Family Dairy from Stirling: Scottish milk and dairy products from well cared for cows. Their milk and cream are always available in our shop.
- Duncan’s of Deeside from Laurencekirk: oatcakes and shortbread made to the Duncan family recipe, served with meals in our cafe and their wide range is available in our shop.
Many of these products can be purchased online and using our click and collect website. Help us support these local family-run Scottish businesses by choosing their brands and their products!